Skip to main content

Refocused

I have known almost all my life that once you give Jesus your heart, and believe that His story of dying for you, is not just a story, then you are a new creation, inside and out. I have also realized throughout the years that once in a while I find the need to recommit myself to Him. Refocus, if you will. Today, I’ve found that I need this recommitment process daily, hourly even. My insight has been cleared! I see now that in order to keep this focus and faith I so long for, I need to commit myself to Him constantly, not just once every few months. To keep focused on Him, I have to get there first. 

It’s also a lot harder than I thought it would be at first. I do something that would not please my Heavenly Father, then realizing it I proceed to continue. I lose sight of what is most important, and quickly fall back into one of the Enemy's many, MANY traps.

Another thing the Enemy tries me with is the thought of, “It’ll take some work to get back in Gods favor now. I have to start reading my Bible and praying more in order to enter back into His favor.” I then proceed to feel a bit overwhelmed and start putting it off… and then… the apathy. Over and over this same battle continues in my mind, causing me to do nothing for weeks, no matter what stage of the war I’m currently facing. 

They say ignorance is bliss. I honestly didn’t realize this was even happening until tonight, when God slapped me with the truth. It seems so obvious now, yet I had no clue. Deception is one of the Devils favorite games. It is difficult to overcome, since you aren't supposed to realize it’s even happening. But it IS POSSIBLE! By the grace of God I am free once more. I am so thankful that He actually loves me, and is standing there with open arms, waiting. Waiting for us to just turn and say Hello. He’ll take care of all the rest. You don't have to be perfect before you come, just come as you are and he’ll fix you right up. 

So in the words of Toby Mac:

Move, keep walkin’ soldier keep movin’ on 
Move, keep walkin’ until the mornin’ comes 
Move, keep walkin’ soldier keep movin’ on 
And lift your head, it ain’t over yet, ain’t over yet



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Prison to Peace

It’s been quite a while since I have been able to write! I have had a wonderful, crazy summer! From dance camps to just swimming, I’ve had a great time. But I’ve returned, with more words that God has put on my heart. I hope you enjoy! The enemy is constantly trying to steal our peace. He is trying to steal our Joy. He is trying to keep us in bondage. Whether through deaths, broken relationships, or just day to day arguments, he is after us all. Tonight I realize why he does this. In Ephesians 6, Paul writes about the armor of God. As some of you will recall, this includes the shoes of the Gospel of Peace. When people trap or enslave others, they remove their shoes, to keep them from attempting escape. The Devil does the same thing. He has lulled us to sleep, and ensnared us in a dreary circle of apathy. Then, he removes our shoes, our peace, to ensure our detainment.  It is time to rise up and end our bondage! Even though Satan works to steal our peace, we can receive abund

The Second Story!

Here is my second story for CWWC! I included all 3 prompts, along with 2 prompts from the last story. I hope you enjoy! “Hey, where’s Jill?” Lanie asked Grace. “Uh, I don’t know. I haven’t seen her since Math.” Lanie went to the math room and opened the squeaky classroom door. There sat June, alone at her desk. No one else was in the room. Why should they be? School was over!  “Hey Jill.” Lanie gently said. “Are you ok in here?”  Jill jumped, startled. She sniffed and wiped her eyes. “Yea, Thanks Lanie.” She sniffed again. Lanie came closer and sat at the desk next to her.  “What’s wrong Jill? Come on, you can tell me!” Jill looked into Lanie’s eyes, searching for something she could trust. She seemed to find it. She looked away in embarrassment, then turned back to Lanie.  “My parents are getting a divorce.” She sobbed, now crying full out. “They just told me this morning.” Lanie got up and went to Jill. They hugged, crying together.  “I’m sorry Jill, I know

The fear of NO!

No. The dreaded words of the human society. We, as people never want to be told no. Weather we ask: “Do you love me” or “Can I go to Cheryl’s house?” We never want to hear that two-lettered word, No. But sometimes, even though we don’t want to hear it, we need to hear that word. I believe our fear of hearing no effects our conversations with our family, friends, and God. Yes, with God. I’ll show you what I mean. If you are praying, and you ask God. “I really want to go to Camp. Do you think I should go?” We really don’t want to hear:  “No, don’t go to that Camp.” Some might assume to just not ask and simply do as they please. Some are scared to ask, they are scared to leave it up to God. Just a few days ago I realized I was avoiding asking God what I should do for fear of not getting the answer I wanted. It is selfish to think that way. It is an odd selfishness though. Because if we don’t ask for the fear of getting a no, we are missing out on a far greater plan that God has laid out