Skip to main content

Story 3- The Pixies

Hello everyone! I had a lot of fun using these prompts for CWWC. I was able to include 7 different prompts into this little story! I hope you like it! So without further ado, I present: The Pixies.


Kate and Phillip walked side by side through the woods. It was peaceful there, as though the whole forest was in harmony. As they got closer, they passed a familiar sign, “Here Be Faeries.” This marked they were very close to The Tree. All Ferrymen lived at The Tree. They thrived there in peace and friendship.

 “Phil,” Kate started.  “Do you think Joel will ever talk to me again?” Her and Joel had gotten in a rough argument a long time ago. It had ended with Joel storming off in to the forest.

”Oh, I think he’ll come around.” Phil brushed it off. As if on cue, Joel appeared. He caught a glance of Kate and ran off. 

“Joel!” Kate called out his name in the silence, like he would actually hear, like he would actually care. 

“Or maybe not.” Phil added. 

“Great, thanks.” Kate smirked.

They arrived at The Tree shortly after. It was nearly dark now, and quite the assembly of Ferrymen were entering the Tree. No one was allowed outside after dark. So Phil and Kate each headed to their rooms. Both were soon fast asleep.

The next morning, Kate rose earlier than anyone else. She went to her favorite spot in the woods. A gorgeous waterfall, with a branch, perfect for sitting on. Kate came here as often as she could, to read. She perched on the branch, opened her book and began. A dragon, of many colors shortly appeared. He sat beside Kate, and listened to her read aloud. “She needed a hero, so that’s what she became.” Kate closed the book with reverence.

 She swung down from the large Oak, with book in hand, and headed to school. All Ferrymen came to school. But their school assignments were a bit different then ours. Instead of math, science, and geography, their core lessons would be studies of Humans, Warfare, and portals. 

Kate arrived at school a bit early. She sat at her desk, waiting for the other students to arrive. They got there just a few minutes after she did. The day went on and eventually they all heard the “Riiiiing!” of the dismissal bell. The Ferrymen all jumped up and rushed out the doors.

 Kate and Phillip met in the hall on her way out. 

“Where’d you go this morning?” Phil questioned her. “I was looking all over for you!” They walked together.

Kate smiled and said: “I was at the waterfall reading of course.” They continued outside.

“Of course you were, how did I not guess.” He curtly replied.

“Haha, very funny.”  Then she noticed Joel walking past. “Joel!”  Kate shouted.“He turned towards them. “Please Joel, I didn’t mean to make you mad the other day! I was being silly, and I’m sorry.” She begged him with her eyes.

“I forgive you Kate, I am sorry too. I was a jerk running off like that.” He gently replied. Kate smiled. “I have to go now, sorry!” Joel rushed off once more.

 “ Ok, now that that’s cleared up, I think, are those are Pixies?” Phil pointed towards some glowing butterflies. 

“Wow I think they are!” Kate replied, following his finger. “Come on, let’s go check them out!”  Kate rushed forward, with Phil right behind her. Pixies were rare to see. They lived far away from where the Ferrymen thrived. “Wow,” Kate marveled at the beauty of the Pixies. She had never seen one this close up before.

“Yea, wow.” Phil commented. “Those are lovely!”  Phil watched as Kate reached towards the Pixies. Her auburn hair glowed from the light of them. Her blue eyes radiated as she took in the majesty of these small creatures. The Pixies flew off after a moment. Kate’s gaze  was ever fixed upon them, as they floated away into the trees. Suddenly, Kate noticed that Phil was staring at her.

“Phil.” She started, “Why are you staring at me?”

Now, Ferrymen are not apt to lie and thus Phil said, “Because you are stunningly beautiful.” She blushed and turned away momentarily.

“Thanks Phil.” She smiled towards him. They walked on into the beauty of the forest, and their lives continued. 

Not many know of the great Ferrymen. They are a mystery to all of mankind. Only a few have seen them before. And those special ones are few and far between.


-The End

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

From Prison to Peace

It’s been quite a while since I have been able to write! I have had a wonderful, crazy summer! From dance camps to just swimming, I’ve had a great time. But I’ve returned, with more words that God has put on my heart. I hope you enjoy! The enemy is constantly trying to steal our peace. He is trying to steal our Joy. He is trying to keep us in bondage. Whether through deaths, broken relationships, or just day to day arguments, he is after us all. Tonight I realize why he does this. In Ephesians 6, Paul writes about the armor of God. As some of you will recall, this includes the shoes of the Gospel of Peace. When people trap or enslave others, they remove their shoes, to keep them from attempting escape. The Devil does the same thing. He has lulled us to sleep, and ensnared us in a dreary circle of apathy. Then, he removes our shoes, our peace, to ensure our detainment.  It is time to rise up and end our bondage! Even though Satan works to steal our peace, we can receive abund

The Second Story!

Here is my second story for CWWC! I included all 3 prompts, along with 2 prompts from the last story. I hope you enjoy! “Hey, where’s Jill?” Lanie asked Grace. “Uh, I don’t know. I haven’t seen her since Math.” Lanie went to the math room and opened the squeaky classroom door. There sat June, alone at her desk. No one else was in the room. Why should they be? School was over!  “Hey Jill.” Lanie gently said. “Are you ok in here?”  Jill jumped, startled. She sniffed and wiped her eyes. “Yea, Thanks Lanie.” She sniffed again. Lanie came closer and sat at the desk next to her.  “What’s wrong Jill? Come on, you can tell me!” Jill looked into Lanie’s eyes, searching for something she could trust. She seemed to find it. She looked away in embarrassment, then turned back to Lanie.  “My parents are getting a divorce.” She sobbed, now crying full out. “They just told me this morning.” Lanie got up and went to Jill. They hugged, crying together.  “I’m sorry Jill, I know

The fear of NO!

No. The dreaded words of the human society. We, as people never want to be told no. Weather we ask: “Do you love me” or “Can I go to Cheryl’s house?” We never want to hear that two-lettered word, No. But sometimes, even though we don’t want to hear it, we need to hear that word. I believe our fear of hearing no effects our conversations with our family, friends, and God. Yes, with God. I’ll show you what I mean. If you are praying, and you ask God. “I really want to go to Camp. Do you think I should go?” We really don’t want to hear:  “No, don’t go to that Camp.” Some might assume to just not ask and simply do as they please. Some are scared to ask, they are scared to leave it up to God. Just a few days ago I realized I was avoiding asking God what I should do for fear of not getting the answer I wanted. It is selfish to think that way. It is an odd selfishness though. Because if we don’t ask for the fear of getting a no, we are missing out on a far greater plan that God has laid out