Skip to main content

CWWC- #8!



Here is my eighth post for CWWC! I had a good time with this one! I used only 3 prompts, but I had fun with it! Here goes...

Chloe once was a sweet Maltese,
With sad little eyes, but joy underneath.
All the colors of her world,
Could be described, all in one little word.
They all appeared to be marbled of sorts,
Like jars on a wall, with their own little corks.
She sat by her owners side most of her days,
But when she didn't sit, she usually played.
But one such day came along,
She heard Marcile say, "Come on! Come on!"
She got in the car,
All ready to travel.
Then off they went, who knows how far?
She leaned over the edge of the window and breathed in deeply,
The air was fresher out here, it seemed.
And the sun shined brighter, then ever before.
It was a freeing feeling, she wanted much more.
They soon arrived at the park.
She got out, with a little bark.
She looked around, and from her point of view,
It just looked like a big yard of dew.
Not fazed one bit, she took off running.
She soon passed two girls funning.
They played in the sprinklers, with costumes of blue
With sparkles all around, they seemed to coo.
Chloe suddenly noticed the bird standing by,
She shot towards it, in very little time.
Yet the little bird had already taken flight.
Not discouraged, she continued to bark,
She had to make sure it didn't disembark!
She continued to run and hide through the day,
Until finally, it was time to go away.
The good little dog that she was,
She followed silently, without a fuss.
Not one little yelp would you hear out of her,
For she was a sweet little dog, with a big heart,
And with all her strength, she would do no harm.

-The end

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Prison to Peace

It’s been quite a while since I have been able to write! I have had a wonderful, crazy summer! From dance camps to just swimming, I’ve had a great time. But I’ve returned, with more words that God has put on my heart. I hope you enjoy! The enemy is constantly trying to steal our peace. He is trying to steal our Joy. He is trying to keep us in bondage. Whether through deaths, broken relationships, or just day to day arguments, he is after us all. Tonight I realize why he does this. In Ephesians 6, Paul writes about the armor of God. As some of you will recall, this includes the shoes of the Gospel of Peace. When people trap or enslave others, they remove their shoes, to keep them from attempting escape. The Devil does the same thing. He has lulled us to sleep, and ensnared us in a dreary circle of apathy. Then, he removes our shoes, our peace, to ensure our detainment.  It is time to rise up and end our bondage! Even though Satan works to steal our peace, we can receive abund

The Second Story!

Here is my second story for CWWC! I included all 3 prompts, along with 2 prompts from the last story. I hope you enjoy! “Hey, where’s Jill?” Lanie asked Grace. “Uh, I don’t know. I haven’t seen her since Math.” Lanie went to the math room and opened the squeaky classroom door. There sat June, alone at her desk. No one else was in the room. Why should they be? School was over!  “Hey Jill.” Lanie gently said. “Are you ok in here?”  Jill jumped, startled. She sniffed and wiped her eyes. “Yea, Thanks Lanie.” She sniffed again. Lanie came closer and sat at the desk next to her.  “What’s wrong Jill? Come on, you can tell me!” Jill looked into Lanie’s eyes, searching for something she could trust. She seemed to find it. She looked away in embarrassment, then turned back to Lanie.  “My parents are getting a divorce.” She sobbed, now crying full out. “They just told me this morning.” Lanie got up and went to Jill. They hugged, crying together.  “I’m sorry Jill, I know

The fear of NO!

No. The dreaded words of the human society. We, as people never want to be told no. Weather we ask: “Do you love me” or “Can I go to Cheryl’s house?” We never want to hear that two-lettered word, No. But sometimes, even though we don’t want to hear it, we need to hear that word. I believe our fear of hearing no effects our conversations with our family, friends, and God. Yes, with God. I’ll show you what I mean. If you are praying, and you ask God. “I really want to go to Camp. Do you think I should go?” We really don’t want to hear:  “No, don’t go to that Camp.” Some might assume to just not ask and simply do as they please. Some are scared to ask, they are scared to leave it up to God. Just a few days ago I realized I was avoiding asking God what I should do for fear of not getting the answer I wanted. It is selfish to think that way. It is an odd selfishness though. Because if we don’t ask for the fear of getting a no, we are missing out on a far greater plan that God has laid out