Skip to main content

Another Day- CWWC #7!

Here is my 7th post for CWWC! I used a grand total of 5 prompts! So without further ado, here is Another Day.


“I’ll beat you this time Judy!” Rev yelled behind his shoulder as he raced towards the waterfall.
“Not a chance!” With a renewed bolt, Judy quickly started gaining on her twin brother. It was the morning after their friend Jill, had returned to the Human World. The Ferryman missed her already, she had wanted Jill to stay and live with them.

 “Oof!” Judy stumbled over a tree root. She caught herself on it, picked herself up and dashed on. She had lost a lot of ground, but she was gaining it back quickly. They neared the waterfall, and Rev barely beat her to the tree. It was an oak tree, with large branches that spread across the waterfall. The two siblings often came here, usually to read. They did so now, and scampered up the giant tree. Rev stopped at his favorite branch, while Judy continued to climb on. She soon reached her favorite spot. She spread out her books and started to read. Soon, a dragon by the name of Ginger came to sit with her. They sat together, simply enjoying the falls behind them. Presently, June closed her book and sat back. 
“How’s the book?” Ginger asked her.
“Really good, but it has the best cliff-hangers ever!” She replied. “I think I would read forever if I could!” 
She swung down to Rev. “Hey Rev, come on! We gotta get back.” He silently followed her down the tree and to the portals. They arrived to guard the portals shortly after. 

The two plopped down and watched the Human World. They had a limited view, as they could only look through mirrors, but they could still see a lot. Judy flipped through the random places until she found the one she wanted. She watched Jill, as had just gotten home from school. She never failed to say hello into the little mirror she had in her room. She waved to Judy and Rev, then plopped down on her bed to watch TV. 

The portal flickered. Then it changed channels. Judy looked at Rev, who was quickly finding a new channel to watch. Judy sighed. She knew Rev was missing Jill, and watching her didn’t help. So she just let him have his way this time. He continued to flip through the channels, and soon found a boy playing a video-game. Rev just stared at the young high school student. They continued to watch the game, with silhouetted monsters tromping through the forest. Judy realized he was playing the all popular Metroid. Text suddenly appeared on the television, “You know who I am.” Judy shuddered. She picked up her book and allowed Rev to guard the portals while she read. They would soon switch out. They passed the day in this manner, and it soon came to an end. They returned to The Tree and fell fast asleep.

And thus ended another day of the Ferrymen.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Prison to Peace

It’s been quite a while since I have been able to write! I have had a wonderful, crazy summer! From dance camps to just swimming, I’ve had a great time. But I’ve returned, with more words that God has put on my heart. I hope you enjoy! The enemy is constantly trying to steal our peace. He is trying to steal our Joy. He is trying to keep us in bondage. Whether through deaths, broken relationships, or just day to day arguments, he is after us all. Tonight I realize why he does this. In Ephesians 6, Paul writes about the armor of God. As some of you will recall, this includes the shoes of the Gospel of Peace. When people trap or enslave others, they remove their shoes, to keep them from attempting escape. The Devil does the same thing. He has lulled us to sleep, and ensnared us in a dreary circle of apathy. Then, he removes our shoes, our peace, to ensure our detainment.  It is time to rise up and end our bondage! Even though Satan works to steal our peace, we can receive abund

The Second Story!

Here is my second story for CWWC! I included all 3 prompts, along with 2 prompts from the last story. I hope you enjoy! “Hey, where’s Jill?” Lanie asked Grace. “Uh, I don’t know. I haven’t seen her since Math.” Lanie went to the math room and opened the squeaky classroom door. There sat June, alone at her desk. No one else was in the room. Why should they be? School was over!  “Hey Jill.” Lanie gently said. “Are you ok in here?”  Jill jumped, startled. She sniffed and wiped her eyes. “Yea, Thanks Lanie.” She sniffed again. Lanie came closer and sat at the desk next to her.  “What’s wrong Jill? Come on, you can tell me!” Jill looked into Lanie’s eyes, searching for something she could trust. She seemed to find it. She looked away in embarrassment, then turned back to Lanie.  “My parents are getting a divorce.” She sobbed, now crying full out. “They just told me this morning.” Lanie got up and went to Jill. They hugged, crying together.  “I’m sorry Jill, I know

The fear of NO!

No. The dreaded words of the human society. We, as people never want to be told no. Weather we ask: “Do you love me” or “Can I go to Cheryl’s house?” We never want to hear that two-lettered word, No. But sometimes, even though we don’t want to hear it, we need to hear that word. I believe our fear of hearing no effects our conversations with our family, friends, and God. Yes, with God. I’ll show you what I mean. If you are praying, and you ask God. “I really want to go to Camp. Do you think I should go?” We really don’t want to hear:  “No, don’t go to that Camp.” Some might assume to just not ask and simply do as they please. Some are scared to ask, they are scared to leave it up to God. Just a few days ago I realized I was avoiding asking God what I should do for fear of not getting the answer I wanted. It is selfish to think that way. It is an odd selfishness though. Because if we don’t ask for the fear of getting a no, we are missing out on a far greater plan that God has laid out